Tuesday, February 28, 2012

When I Grow Up...

Contributer: Katie Avra, Outreach Coordinator


The Staff at Academic Enhancement were asked: “When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?”

“I wanted to be an astronaut! I fell in love with it after watching Apollo 13, so I decided to join the Air Force as a pilot and then go to NASA and into space!”
-Stephanie Sipp, SPC

“I thought I would be a pediatrician.”
-Kristen Hamilton, SPC

“When I was young, I really wanted to be the sports trainer person who runs out on the field when an athlete got hurt.  I realized from a very young age that actually playing professional football was out of reach, so I really thought the next best thing would be to be on the sidelines and running onto the field when someone got hurt.”
-Kyle Mullen, EPE 174 Instructor

“I wanted to be a world traveler.”
-Eric Weinberg, Technology Coordinator and APP Instructor

“I never really had a defined idea; I was more concerned about what I was going to wear the next day at school.”
-Bethany Sharpe, APP Instructor

“I think I wanted to be a fire fighter first and then a professional soccer player.”
-Alanna Bouhl, Marketing Intern

“When I was young, since actually being a teenage mutant ninja turtle was kind of out of the question, I always wanted to be a professional football player.  My dad coached football for years and I always played, it was something I still love to this day.”  
-Sy Bridenbaugh, EPE 174 Instructor

“I wanted to be a teacher!”
-Penny Robinson, APP Lecturer

“I always thought I would be an engineer.” 
-Austin Wilson, SPC

“Pediatrician -- I wanted to have all those stickers, although I pass out at the sight of blood and needles!”
-Chelsey Duncan, Marketing Intern
 
“I wanted to be a lifeguard when I grew up because I had always seen them in movies.”
-Alex Newby, Marketing Intern

“When I was very young, I was fascinated with the idea of being a hair dresser. I got one of those should/head dolls where you could style the hair and loved it. By middle school, I was thinking about being a journalist or a gemologist as I loved jewelry.”
-Dana Malone, EPE 174 Lead and APP Instructor

“I wanted to be a mailman because I love getting mail!”
-Megan Beach, Assistant Director

“I was planning on being a checkout person at the grocery store. I would go around the house scanning barcodes on everything!”
-Amanda Laborio, Marketing Intern

“I wanted to be a waitress. I had an apron with pockets and an order tablet to take everyone’s orders!”
-Katie Avra, Outreach Coordinator

"I wanted to be the President of the United States of America."
-Amanda Smith, GRE Prep Coordinator

“When I was young, I thought that I would either grow up to be a professional golfer or a doctor.  I have since quit golf and cannot stand the sight of blood!”
-Laura McGehee, Marketing Intern

“I wanted to be a female baseball player because of the movie A League of Their Own!”
-Ali Cicerchi, Program Coordinator

“When I was a wee little child I wanted to be either a teenage mutant ninja turtle or batman. It’s a toss-up!”
-Ian Banta, APP Instructor

“I wanted to be an elementary school teacher.”
-Bailey Grossl, Instructor

“I wanted to be a teacher and a Mom. From a very young age I loved learning, school, and reading. I could be found "teaching" my cat, stuffed animals, friends, and basically anything that would sit still long enough.”
-Karin Ann Lewis, Ph.D., Assistant Provost for Undergraduate Education and Executive Director Academic Enhancement

“When I was little I wanted to be a surgeon.”
-Jim Breslin, Associate Director

“I wanted to be an artist.”
-Blake Dickens, SPC

“I fully believed that I could be a professional Game show contestant.  First I would go on: Jeopardy, Price is Right, and The Pyramid.  Then after missing a fortune I would become the host of my own games how.”
-Russell Williamson, Accounts and Website Coordinator

“I thought I’d be a stock broker.  Something about the excitement on the floor of the stock market really appealed to me.”
-Anna Gatewood, Assistant Director

“When I was young, I always thought I would be a teacher, in one form or another. I used to gather my stuffed animals and "teach" them what I was learning in school. I even had a dry erase board!”
-Jill Page, EPE 174 Instructor and ACT Prep Coordinator

“I always disliked being asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I always answered differently; I had no idea!”
-Beth Neiser, Assessment Coordinator

1 comment:

  1. speaking of hair dresser, the best Ditchling Road Hairdressers i've been in so far is the The Hair and Lounge. They're so good at what they do.

    ReplyDelete