By: Laura McGehee- Marketing Intern
Cooler temperatures, changing leaves, and football season all mean one thing- fall fashion is here! Whether you are heading to class or out with your friends, we have a fashion survival guide to give both men and women ideas of popular trends for fall.
• Long dresses from the summer are making their way into fall. Pair them with sky-high wedges and a blazer.
• Mixing patterns is essential for mastering fall fashion. Mix and match your floral dresses with patterned sweaters or plaid designs with floral skirts.
• Pair sleek pants with blousy tops in floral and sheer patterns.
• Dresses paired with a structured jacket can be appropriate for day or night.
• Masculine footwear is all the rage! Wear combat boots with dresses or with skinny jeans and a retro top.
• Sequins and studs are still in this season, so spice it up by pairing them with their opposites- Sparkly sequins with a dark and edgier jean or shoe and studs with florals and plaids.
• Colored denim is also back and looks great with a neutral top.
• Wear a dress to the football game or daytime event with boots that reach mid calf or knee, and spice up your outfit by changing into suede ankle booties for the night.
• A-line skirts with fitted tops are always a popular choice and look great with a statement necklace or a motorcycle jacket.
• Furs are coming back and are a great piece that will transition into your winter wardrobe. Fur vests paired with a plain black top, skinny jeans, and knee high boots are an instant hit.
• Brights are going strong into fall! A quick and easy outfit consists of a solid bright top and statement jacket- mix the brights to create the illusion of a whole new outfit.
• Blazers aren’t just for fraternity rushes- Mix them with a messy button down or a plain tee to create a casual yet dressed-up look.
• Dark wash jeans are still going strong- faded jeans were popular in high school, but it is time to embrace college and splurge on a nice pair of dark denim.
• Cardigans thrown over a t-shirt creates a simple and easy outfit.
• Mix and match patterns and textures. A patterned button down under a plain sweater or a plain button down under a patterned sweater creates a plethora of fashion options.
• Watches are in! Leather banded watches are a great spice to any casual look.
• Plaid, plaid, plaid. Jeans and brown shoes or neat sneakers match perfectly.
Branch out with your fashion this fall and try some of these trends. Pick the ones you feel most comfortable with and throw in some daring pieces every now and then. No matter what you wear this fall remember the most important guidelines for successful dress- SMILE AND BE CONFIDENT.