Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Student Spotlight: Brad Hagan

Madalena Pierangelino, Marketing Intern

The winding staircase up to The Study can seem intimidating, but make the short climb and you will be greeted with friendly faces and a smiling staff. One star staff member is Brad Hagan, who has been a desk worker at The Study for about three years now. Brad always greets incoming students with a welcoming and positive attitude, which is why he is our featured Student Spotlight this week. Brad has some awesome advice for fellow students and is just one more reason to stop by The Study!


Name: Brad Hagan
Major: Plant and Soil Science
Occupation: Desk worker at The Study
Hometown: Whitesville, KY: a small town outside of Owensboro

Describe yourself in three words: I would say I am pretty laid-back, hard working, and outgoing. I could also add sarcastic, but that would be four.

Favorite Starbucks drink: Iced Mocha

Favorite movie: It is hard to narrow it down, but Billy Madison is up there.

What are some of your other hobbies? I enjoy exploring the great outdoors, and I play the guitar.

What influenced you to come to UK? I came to UK mainly for my friends and the well-known Agriculture program, since that is my major.

Best memory at UK so far: Winning the national championship was an awesome experience as a student.

Most embarrassing moment: My phone going off in a group meeting with a professor to Shania Twain's song "Any Man of Mine."

Favorite class at UK: Soil Science. I found that class to be very interesting because of my agriculture background.

Favorite spot on UK's campus: You will usually find me at the Ag Deli.

Favorite part of Lexington/UK: There is always something going on in the city. You can never be bored.

What is the number one thing on your UK bucket list? I want to tour the famous Bourbon Trail before I graduate.

What is the best part about your job with Academic Enhancement? My co-workers make the job a lot more entertaining. 

If you won $1 million, what would you do with it? It is highly unlikely, but if I did win I would take a year off of school and travel the world.

What do you want to achieve after college? Move away from Kentucky for a few years and start working for an agricultural company, but I will eventually go back to my hometown.

What advice would you give to other students? It is very important that you find the right balance between school and your social life. Get out and enjoy college while maintaining your good grades as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment