We all know college is expensive, but what you may not know is that your Wildcat ID card can save you money on almost every type of purchase. We have put together a list of discounts students can receive on any shopping trip. Even if somewhere isn’t on the list, be sure to ask if there is a student discount when making an in-store purchase and to use your “.edu” email address for online purchases.
Technology- In college, software, laptops and computer accessories are used daily. Luckily, technology is greatly discounted for students. Even if you’re about to graduate, definitely make any relevant technology purchases beforehand. Clicking on the links below will take you to the company’s student deals webpage:
Entertainment- Everyone needs some time to relax and have fun with his or her friends! These businesses help students unwind.
- While traveling:
- ISIC – With an International Student Identity Card, ideal for studying abroad, you can take advantage of the entire world’s student discounts
- STA Travel- International and National flights, hotels and hostels, and tours for students!
- Student Universe
- Cars and car insurance
- General Motors
- Jiffy Lube- $10 off or 10% off your purchase when showing your Student ID card.
- State Farm
Cell Phone Service – If you are now responsible for your own phone plan, these service carriers give monthly discounts to their customers who are students.
Apparel –These businesses discount their merchandise to meet students’ fashion and appearance needs. When shopping for clothes for your internship or scrubs for your observation requirements, be sure to show your student ID and ask for their student discount.
- Ann Taylor- 20% off your purchase
- Banana Republic-15% off your purchase
- Charlotte Russe: 10% off your purchase
- Club Monaco- 20% off your purchase
- Eddie Bauer- 10% off your in-store purchase
- J. Crew- 15% off your purchase
- Juicy Couture- 15% off your purchase
- The Limited- 15% off your purchase
- Madewell- 15% off your purchase
- Medelita- 15% off scrubs and lab coats
- Ralph Lauren Rugby- 15% off your purchase
- Sally Beauty Supply- sign up for their Student Discount Card for access to discounts
- Steve Madden- 10% off your purchase
- Topshop- 10% off your purchase
- Vineyard Vines- 15% off your purchase
- Arby’s- 10% off your purchase
- Buffalo Wild Wings- 10% off your purchase
- Burger King- 10% off your purchase
- Chick-fil-A- Free drink with purchase
- Chipotle- Receive a free drink with purchase
- Dairy Queen- Varies by franchise, but most common discount is 10% off your purchase
- McDonald’s- 10% off your purchase
- Qdoba- Receive a free drink with purchase
- Sam’s Club
- Subway- 10% off your purchase
- Waffle House- 10% off your purchase
Reading Materials- These companies help students get books, newspapers, and textbooks at a discounted rate.
Online Services- These websites are great resources for students to check regularly for brand new discounts. By subscribing to these services, you will unlock extra student discounts and save even more money.
- Student Rate – For a yearly fee of $20, you will unlock more than 250 student deals on their website.
- Student Buying Guide – This blog is for students to keep up with the most recent student deals.
- Amazon Student – When they sign up for this student version of Amazon Prime, students get their first six-months of access for free. Benefits include free 2-day shipping on most purchases, deals and promotions exclusively for students, a $5 credit for each friend you refer, unlimited access to streaming over 40,000 TV episodes and movies and the ability to borrow Kindle books for free.
- College Budget – By enrolling with a “.edu” email, students can make purchases from second-party merchants on the College Budget website. They also offer textbook rentals and student loan comparisons.