Melanie Stoeckle, Marketing Intern
Remember those years when you were young and summer seemed to go on forever? Well with August just rolling in, it seems like everybody’s minds are set on one fact: Classes are starting soon. Whether you’re excited to move to campus or don’t want to let summer go just yet, you still have a few more weeks before it’s back to the books. Here are some activities to help you “embrace your inner child” and make the last few weeks of summer seem endless.
- Go to the park. Toss a baseball or football, throw a Frisbee, kick around a soccer ball, whatever you want!
- Play on the playground.
- Have a picnic lunch.
- Head to the zoo or aquarium for a day.
- Instead of just sunbathing by the pool, go swim in it!
- Have a Disney movie marathon.
- Break out some board games.
- Make your favorite food from childhood.
- Even the little things count:
- Blow bubbles in your backyard!
- Draw with chalk on your driveway or sidewalk.
- Lie in the grass and find shapes in the clouds. Whatever you find up there, it is a great way to relax and enjoy the warm summer weather.
You probably remember doing a lot of these activities as a kid. Well, cue the nostalgia and embark on another childhood adventure by trying a few of the things on the list once again. Let your imagination run like it used to, you never know what else you and your friends will think of to do!