You'll want to stay in this weekend and make these wonderful pumpkin treats!
· 24 cupcake wrappers, 2 cupcake pans
· 1, 18 ½ oz. box of yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients called for in the package directions)
· 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
· 1, 15 oz. of canned pumpkin puree
· 2, 8 oz. bars cream cheese, at room temperature
· 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
· 24 pieces candy corn
· Heat the oven to 350° F.
· Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
· Prepare the cake mix as directed but with the following change: Add the pumpkin pie spice and substitute the can of pumpkin puree for the water called for in the package directions.
· Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tins.
· Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes.
· Let cool.
· Use an electric mixer; beat the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until creamy.
· Spread on the cupcakes and top each with a piece of candy corn.
Adapted from: www.realsimple.com