Chex Party Mix is an easy treat for time with friends or an evening spent at home!
You will need:
3 cups Corn Chex® cereal
3 cups Rice Chex® cereal
3 cups Wheat Chex® cereal
1 cup mixed nuts
1 cup bite-size pretzels
1 cup garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips, or regular-size bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces, or rye chips6 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
Optional Items: hot sauce, cheez-its, gold fish crackers, or Cheetos.
The original recipe includes Corn Chex®, Rice Chex® and Wheat Chex®. You can mix and match to suit your taste—just use a total of 9 cups of cereal.
Microwave Directions:1. In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
2. Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
Oven Directions:1. Heat oven to 250°F.
2. In large bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside.
3. In ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven.
4. Stir in seasonings.
5. Gradually stir in cereal mixture until evenly coated.
6. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
7. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes.
8. Store in airtight container.
Check out variations for chex party mixes at: http://www.chex.com/Recipes/Default.aspx.